Last night’s Nintendo Switch digital press conference was chock full of relevant information. If you missed it, check out the video as it’s full of the usual Nintendo charm that somehow makes one’s hand gravitate towards the closest “order now” button. I’d also be remiss if I didn’t mention how satisfying that “CLICK” sound is. Here are some highlights:
- Release date is March 3rd, just a few short weeks away.
- Splatoon 2 Announced and will be available this Summer.
- JoyCons will be available in multiple colors. Two at launch will be Neon Blue and Neon Red.
- Not much was said about the systems online functionality besides it will be free at first and move to a pay model this coming fall.
- JoyCons (joysticks/controllers) have motion controls built in and “HD rumble.”
- Super Mario Odyssey announced which sends Mario from the Mushroom Kingdom to a more realistic setting. Also, his hat comes to life.
- Outside support includes, Sega, Bethesda, SUDA 51, and more.
- A fantasy boxing game called “Arms” will be available
- 1-2-Switch takes the same idea as JS Joust and adds some Nintendo flavor.
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild will be available the same day as the system launches.
Video after the jump!